Who doesn’t want to look beautiful? Every individual is gorgeous from within in his own unique way. However, in the modern day world, a large number of artificial beauty techniques are being implemented which will help to enhance your beauty even more.
In one’s process of beautifying himself, skin problems stand as a barrier. One may be suffering from acne, skin pigmentation, clogging of the pores, uneven texture of the skin and many such skin problems. It is now easy to get your skin problems treated without much fuss. Microdermabrasion is the process by which one can easily get rid of his skin problems.
What Exactly Is Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is the technique which is used as a cosmetic treatment. It is the process of improving the appearance of the skin. Microdermabrasion is the technique that can eliminate issues like wrinkles, age spots, fine lines, melasma, acne, sun damage, etc. from the skin and renew the overall texture and tone of the skin. This process incorporates the use of a special kind of applicator. This applicator has a surface that is abrasive. This surface sands away the thick layer of the skin and helps to rejuvenate it. In some other cases, the microdermabrasion technique also carries out the process of skin rejuvenation by spraying sodium bicarbonate or aluminum oxide particles with the help of a vacuum. In both the methods, the results will be equally impressive.
What Are The Skin Conditions That Can Be Cured By Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is a technique which is extremely safe to be used by both men and women. It has been reported for being an effective method of rejuvenating the skin. Anyone who is afflicted with issues like acne, wrinkles, enlarged or clogged pores, skin that has been damaged by the sun, stretch marks, blemishes, discoloration and so on can opt for this treatment. Microdermabrasion also helps to reduce dry or oily skin and propels the development of collagen.
How Does Microdermabrasion Work?
Microdermabrasion can be done in a number of ways.
- Crystal microdermabrasion: The treatment involves equipment called “microdermabrasion machine”. This machine helps to produce a stream of crystals under pressure on the surface of the skin. There is an exorbitant range of crystals to choose from. The crystals include magnesium oxide, corundum, sodium bicarbonate, zinc oxide, sodium chloride, aluminum oxide and so on. Out of all the crystals, aluminum oxide is the most commonly used crystal.
- On the other hand, for those who choose to be treated with the help of an applicator can also do so. These applicators have a “Vibraderm.” This Vibraderm has a vibrating paddle. The speed of the device is adjustable. It acts as an abrasive which helps to remove the unwanted layers of the skin.
- Using a diamond-tip handpiece: In this technique, treatment is done in with the help of a handpiece that has a diamond attached to the tip. This equipment gently exfoliates the sea cells which are present in your skin and suctions them off.
This treatment is done in different, and each sitting takes between 15-30 minutes. However, a minimum span of a week should be considered between two sittings.
If you are suffering from unwanted marks on your face and are eager to get rid of them at the earliest, it is advisable to consider this form of treatment over any chemical or laser treatment.
Is It Suitable For Skins Of All Kinds?
Microdermabrasion is a technique that is suitable to be used on skins of different types. The treatment is extremely safe and not at all painful. Due to this reason, it doesn’t require anesthesia. Unlike laser treatment and chemical peels, which can be extremely hard and may not be suitable for sensitive skin, microdermabrasion is a safe procedure.
Microdermabrasion has a number of benefits:
- Improves The Circulation: This process helps to improve the lymphatic as well as the blood circulation within the skin. This can improve the health of the skin from within as a boost in the flow of blood to the face also means an improved flow of nutrients and oxygen to the cells of the skin.
- Enhanced Absorption Capacity Of The Skin: Treating the skin of acne and removing the upper layer of dead cells helps to increase the skin’s receptivity of the products. This enables the products to act more effectively and show better results.
- Reduces Pore Size: This process helps to unclog the pores. Not only that, but microdermabrasion also helps to reduce the size of the pores. Some external factors cause our pores to enlarge. Microdermabrasion takes care of these factors and improves the normal health of the skin.
- Safe: Safety is one of the most important factors due to which the customers tend to choose this form of treatment for their skin over any other procedure like laser and chemical treatment. Microdermabrasion also shows much better results as compared to the other forms of treatment.
Some Common Side Effects Of Microdermabrasion
After a session of the treatment, your skin might get dry and appear pinkish for around 24 hours. Treat this properly- like you treat sunburn. Avoid putting makeup on this kind of skin and also keep it moisturized.
If you had opted for the crystal-based method of microdermabrasion, there might be chances of slight irritation in the eyes caused due to the invasion of the crystals into your eyes. One can choose to put on adequate eye protection at the time of treatment in order to avoid this form of inconvenience.
Microdermabrasion effectively improves the skin quality of people. Another reason as to why people are choosing microdermabrasion more and more is that it involves zero risks. There aren’t any needles involved in the procedure, and it is extremely painless. The process is very fast. Whatever slight side effects one might have to face, they are not much complicated and can easily be cured with minimum basic care. The fact, that microdermabrasion is suitable for skins of all kind makes more and more people opt for this method of treating their skin. Improving your skin health is now easier than ever before!